The Popularity of Indian Pale Ale (IPA) in Calgary
Back in the late 18th century, beer was required to be supplied to the British Empire situated in the east, notably for the British troops stationed in India. However, during the voyage, the beer became undrinkable. Brewers set their minds to how they could make their beers more long-lasting, finally deciding to incorporate higher alcohol and hop content to prevent them from spoiling before arrival. This is how Indian Pale Ale (IPA) finally made its way with its exceptional taste and flavors. Before we go into more details, dial up the best beer delivery Calgary store and order your favorite beer.
Distinguished as its own variety within the wider classification of pale ales, Indian Pale Ale delivers every bit as much hop-forward flavors and aroma that one might expect when they see those three juicy letters. So, let’s take a look at the factors that make IPA a hot favorite beer.
Indian Pale Ale (IPA): Making Its Way Through Everyone’s Heart
There is one thing you can always expect when it comes to drinking an IPA- a very direct hop flavor. The beer can be sweet, salty, sour, umami, or bitter. However, bitterness is a prime aspect when tasting an IPA, as the style exhibits an enhanced amount of hops. Bitter may be an acquired taste but it gives the beer a sophistication that makes it stand out.
Ocean of Flavors
IPAs, which include various styles of beer, get their features from hops and herbal, fruity, or citrus flavors. They are brewed to be hop-forward and have floral goodness, fruity, and bitter flavors contained within hops.
Distinct IPA Styles
1. British IPA: Originated in Britain, these beers are bitter, one-noted and malted. So, the next time when you want to try a British IPA, don’t forget to order it from your favorite liquor delivery Calgary service provider.
2. New England IPA: Being one of the most favorite kinds of IPAs in the modern beer range, these beers are unfiltered, fruity, and low in bitterness.
3. Belgian IPA: The Belgian IPA beer is gold to copper in color and incorporates toasted malt or caramel flavor. The beer is distinguished by low but notable hop bitterness.
4. West Coast IPA: The West Coast IPA explores the rowdy, fruity flavors in hops while shedding some of the bitterness.
The IPA Vocabulary
1. Session: This term denotes lower alcohol content (below 5%) with distinct flavors that are easy to drink and won’t weigh you down.
2. Fresh-Hopped: They are less concentrated when compared to the dried ones. Fresh hops produce a less bitter taste and add more of a fresh, herbal, or green flavor.
3. Dry-Hopped: These beers have a strong aroma and emphasize the fruity, sweet, or herbal notes in the hops.
4. Imperial: Imperial IPA is darker in color, substantially more bitter and high in alcohol by volume. If you want to explore its imperial flavors, order it from your favorite beer delivery Calgary store now!
The brewing world provides various kinds of IPA beer flavors, from fruited and sour IPAs to lactose IPAs. Share your IPA preferences and order your favorite beer from the best beer delivery Calgary store. At Calgary Dial a Bottle, we offer a wide range of liquor options and deliver your order straight away at your home. By availing of our reliable liquor delivery service, just relax and wait while we arrive with your order within the stipulated time.
To get in touch with us, visit 403-918-3030.