A Beginner’s Guide to The Perfect Wine and Dine Pairings
For expert gourmet lovers, you would know that wine is exquisite and not everything can be the perfect compliment for it.
Be it at a party or first date, having an idea about the finest and most vibrant wine and dine pairing can be handy. You can really impress your peeps or your crush with just adhering to a few simple rules. Just pay close attention and you will be a master soon.
To begin with, there are almost 1000 types of wine that originate in different corners of the world. Red, white, rose and sparkling is just a few examples. Now it is not possible to remember the wine and dine pairing for 1000 types of wine! The good news is that there are 9 types of primary wine and the other 993 wines are categorized under these primary ones.
With the wine classification, understanding the pairs are easier. Notwithstanding any further, here are the finest wining and dining pairs in the world.
Dry White Wine is perfect with roasted vegetables, salads and soft cheese.
Sweet White Wine can be consumed with soft cheese, hard cheese, cured meat and sweets.
Rich White Wine goes well with soft cheese, hard cheese, starches, white meat, fish and rich fishes like lobster.
Sparkling Wine is ideally consumed with soft cheese, hard cheese, salads, starches and different types of fish.
Light Red Wine complements your taste buds well when savoured with roasted vegetables, starches, rich fish, white meat and cured meat.
Medium Red Wine is perfect with roasted vegetables, hard cheese, white meat, red meat and cured meat.
Bold Red Wine is made to be consumed with hard cheese, starches, red meat and cured meat.
Dessert Wine will be blissful when consumed with cured meat, sweets, soft cheese and starches.
However, there are a few food items which you should avoid at all cost. Asparagus, green bean, artichoke, brussels sprout and chocolate never go well with wine. So, if you want to savour the taste of the finest wine and enjoy your dinner, avoid putting these on the plate.
To champion the wine and dine combination, here are a few more rules to follow.
1. Your motive should always be to bring out the best characteristic of the wine. Pick the wine and focus on its traits rather than fighting with the food. For instance, most red wines taste better with pork and beef.
2. Old wines combined with earthy foods like mushroom taste fruity.
3. Wine should have higher acidity as compared to the food it is been taken to avoid getting a flat taste. For instance, a vinaigrette salad is better with Champagne than buttery Chardonnay.
4. Wibe should be sweeter than the food it is being consumed with. For instance, port wine is perfect with desserts.
5. Too much bitterness should be avoided. Hence, you should avoid consuming bitter foods like green beans with wine.
6. Wines with high tannin concentration should be consumed with fatty food.
This was just to lay the foundation. Drinking wine is a whole new experience. You should savour it. You should relish it. You should enjoy every drop of it. If you want to try out the above-mentioned dining and wining pairs right now, order your favourite bottle to service providers of wine delivery in Calgary. The delivery charges are nominal and the super fast service promises to deliver the bottle to you in no time. So, what are you waiting for? Order your wine and start cooking!