11 Amazing Health Advantages of Drinking Beer
Brewing and drinking beer can be traced back to 5000 BC!
Turn through the pages of ancient Mesopotamia and you will notice that throughout, the Mesopotamians would brew beer in their homes. It was only after the Industrial Revolution that the production of beer found an industrial setting. While beer is one of the most popular alcoholic beverages available, countries like Czech Republic, Austria, Germany and Poland top with the largest concentration of beer drinking people.
Now while most of us are scared that drinking beer makes us fat, researchers have found out that consistently moderate consumption of beer can actually help improve the health. So stop your guilt trip and sip on a glass or two while reading through the numerous advantages.
1. According to a few researchers in Finland, beer is considered to be one of the alcoholic beverages that are great for the kidneys. Drinking one bottle of beer reduces the risk of kidney stones by 40%!
2. Dark beer is good for digestion. One 30 cl glass of beer contains 1 gram of soluble fiber which plays a significant role in intestinal transit, a deficit of which can cause gastric and intestinal disorders like constipation or diarrhea.
3. The fiber in beer can further lower the levels of “bad” cholesterol like LDL.
4. Beer contains several types of vitamins like B1, B12, B2 and B6 found to a Dutch study. In fact, it was also found that people who drink beer have 30% higher level of Vitamin B6 than those people who don’t drink beer at all. Also, beer is considered to be an excellent source of vitamin B12.
5. A study in 2009 found out that increased silicon levels in beer contribute significantly to a higher bone density. In short, beer is good for the bones!
6. Nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin, which are present in beer can promote sleep. So insomniacs have a better of the chance of falling after consuming a glass or two of beer.
7. The ingredients in beer prevent blood clots from forming. This also reduces the chance of suffering a heart attack by 40% as compared to non-drinkers!
8. Beer drinkers are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer’s or dementia. A study mentions that beer boosts memory!
9. You thought only an apple could keep the doctor away! Well, according to researchers at the University of Montreal, two glasses of beer daily reduces stress and anxiety!
10. Drinking hot beer with four teaspoons of honey is an excellent remedy to cure a cold. Beer contains barley that when warmed up helps improve the blood circulation in the body that further aids clear breathing. Keep the beer in a double boiler before consuming it though! Beer is also known for boosting immunity and provide relief to painful joints.
11. Ladies! Drinking beer adds a glow to the skin. This magic potion contains vitamins that aid skin regeneration. Drink a glass of beer every day and your skin will become smoother and suppler.
So what are you waiting for? Have a glass or two to boost your health. Order your favorite bottle and get it delivered to you by the beer delivery Calgary based service providers for an affordable amount.
P.S. It is, however, an earnest request to not get drunk every day. It is about drinking in moderate amounts. The idea is not to get drunk beyond control for that can be HARMFUL to your health. Drink Responsibly! Enjoy a refreshing glass of beer every now and then. Nothing in excess can be good! So, please be careful.